A 3-day, on-premises, intensive workshop organized by LEARN in collaboration with EduNET.LK
This workshop aims to train the participants, starting from a fresh Moodle site, to set it up to suit their organization and also to take the responsibility to run the site as its site administrator.
This is an instructor-led, on-premises workshop with a heavy hands-on component. In three full days, totaling six sessions of 3 hour duration each, the participants will be guided through a series of short inputs and comprehensive hands-on exercises on practice Moodle sites.
Learning outcome: After successfully completing the workshop the participants will be able to:
- customize the site’s appearance to suit their institution
- plan and implement the user authentication method(s)
- plan and implement the course category hierarchy to meet the needs of the curriculum and handle the end-of-year transition
- plan and implement the enrolment method(s) of users in the courses, also streamlining the procedure through global groups
- manage courses, specifically backup courses, restore them, archive completed courses
- extend Moodle through additional plug-ins
- continuously monitor the site for its health
Target Audience: Moodle LMS administrators of LEARN member institutions
Prerequisites for the participants:
- The participants should be familiar with using Moodle either as a student or a teacher or both
- The workshop includes practical sessions providing hands-on work for the participants, and the participants must engage in and complete them.
- The participants need to bring their own laptops with wireless capability, running a modern browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Apple Safari in their latest versions.
Assessment and completion: To complete the course you need to complete all the activities marked by a completion button. Some activities are automatically marked as completed by the LMS and others will be manually marked by the instructors.
Upon successful completion of all the compulsory activities you will be awarded a certificate.
Instructors: Mercy Anandakumar (LEARN), Ganganath Harischandra (Faculty of Veterinary Science), Dhammika Ihalagedara (Faculty of Dental Sciences), Visvanath Ratnaweera (EduNET.LK)
Infrastructure support: Deepthi Gunasekara (LEARN)
Course page on Moodle LMS: https://edunet.learn.ac.lk (account needed)